AC Milan recently did an interview with their star midfielder, Nora Heroum.
The interview was initially released a few weeks ago as a Milan TV exclusive, but it has now been made available to the public.
Among the things we learned from this interview:
- She can’t pronounce ‘aperitivo’ correctly, but she can say super-long-Finnish-compound-words with ease. (Lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas)
- She knows all the ‘important’ Italian words too. (And by that, I mean all of the ‘colorful’ swear words that I dare not print here.)
- In Finland, they are more organized. In Italy, they are well ... less organized. The Finns are apparently more frigid too (and we’re not just talking about the weather here).
- Nora, however, doesn’t think that she is, in fact, cold (and I’m just inclined to agree with whatever she says).
- The Italian-speaking Milan players are trying to learn English, while the non-Italian players are all trying to learn Italian.
- The experiment with Nora as a right-back actually started last season under former coach, Carolina Morace. Maurizio Ganz has just continued the experiment. Deploying Nora as a fullback has even carried over to the national team, where Nora has played in that position for Finland as well.
- Her first ‘goal’ was against Florentia (which she still counts as a goal, even if Serie A said it was an own goal by a defender).
- She and the rest of the Milan Women like to eat out (thus explaining the endless Instagrammable stories). However, as much as she enjoys dining out, she also likes to cook for herself.
- She is currently taking classes during her free time. At the moment, she is majoring in sports management, and she also hopes to pursue a sports related career once she retires from football. In particular, she hopes to move back to Finland and to help the women there have the same opportunities she has had.
Here’s to hoping that she’ll be able to accomplish everything that she wants. For now, however, let’s focus on the present, as a post-Nora Heroum Milan is a thought that makes me very sad indeed.
Thankfully, we’re still a while away from that, so let’s enjoy her while we can.
Nora and the rest of the Milan Women will be in action again this Sunday. They’ll take on Fiorentina for this weekend’s Big Match, in a crucial tie that will most likely determine who will qualify for next season’s Champions League.
The match will take place at 12:30 p.m. CEST (3:30 a.m. PST / 6:30 a.m. EST).
Until then, have this vid of Nora to tide you over.
Aren’t you glad she’s ours?