The AC Milan Women have been pretty busy this summer. The squad is experiencing a turnover as more players have left the team. However, their replacements have already been lined up.
Here’s an overview of the latest news about the Rossonere.
- Francesca Vitale, Alessia Piazza, Deborah Salvatori Rinaldi, and Dominika Čonč have all confirmed their departures from the team. Defenders Giorgia Spinelli and Federica Rizza are also expected to leave the squad. The latter two are expected to head to Sampdoria, as per Cartellino Rosa, Sampdoria was formerly known as Florentia but the team recently sold their rights to the Genoa-based club.
- Both moves have not been finalized yet, but they are expected to be made official soon.
- Nina Stapelfeldt has reportedly undergone a medical with Milan. The forward is set to be unveiled as the Rossonere’s latest signing. A profile of the defensive forward and how she’ll contribute to the team will be written once her signing has been made official.
- Lindsey Thomas has undergone a medical as well. The forward will come to the team from AS Roma and will form an attacking partnership with Valentina Giacinti (Il Calcio Femminile).
- The Rossonere will finally have a Primavera squad. As we have noted before, they were the only major club in Italy that did not field a team in the Campionato Primavera Femminile. The team has made a few signings in recent days with the intent of forming a youth squad. One of their first signings was Merle Kirschstein. Kirschstein is a German defender who had previously played for FFC Turbine Potsdam. In particular, she played for the team’s second team in the Frauen-Bundesliga’s second division.
- The player has already been to Casa Milan and has met Paolo Maldini, as per Il Calcio Femminile. She was also accompanied by two of her agents to finish the paperwork needed to make her signing official.
- The same article insinuates that Kirschstein will not be the only German to sign for the team.
- Milan are also said to have signed forwards Serena Cortesi and Giorgia Miotta. Cortesi comes to Milan from Orobica while Miotta arrives to the team from Empoli. Sara Tamborini will head to Empoli on loan to help offset the team’s loss of Miotta. These moves are expected to be finalized and made official within the upcoming days.