AC Milan faced FK Bodo/Glimt in the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round last night at the San Siro. Milan came away with a 3-2 win after a tumultuous day in which key striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic tested positive for the coronavirus ruling him out of the game. This forced Primavera striker Lorenzo Colombo to step up and play a key role in the game. Milan were stunned early with a goal from the Norwegian side as the defence snoozed on a counter attack. Milan hit back almost immediately as Hakan Calhanoglu turned and struck a screamer of a finish into the top left corner. Milan pulled through again as Saelemaekers and Hernandez linked up well to set up the play, Hernandez squared the ball which Calhanoglu brilliantly controlled and rolled to allow Colombo to smash into the back of the net for his first ever goal with Milan's first team. In the second half, Calhanogu showed his brilliance again connecting coolly with Samu Castillejo corner and drilling the ball on the ground into the back of the net to go further ahead. Milan were stunned again with a wicked shot from outside the box but Donnarumma was caught napping and easily beaten. Milan sat back and defended the rest of the game but secured passage to the play off round of the comptition afterwhich they can feature in the group stages.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic tests positive for the coronavirus hours before tie. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan defender tests positive for the coronavirus. [AC Milan Offside]
- Real Madrid veteran defender could be an option for Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Preview of Milan vs Bodo/Glimt in the Europa League [AC Milan Offside]
- Official: Milan loan out midfielder to Spezia. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan will likely push to sell Brazil international before transfer window ends. [AC Milan Offside]