Gianluca di Marzio via MilanNews.it is reporting that AC Milan are getting closer to renew goalkeeper and vice captain Gianluigi Donnarumma's contract with his agent Mino Raiola. The report indicates that Milan could offer Raiola a percentage of the future resale value of the goalkeeper to secure the deal. It seems like a poor way to close the renewal as it could motivate the agent to fuel a sale in the future but this seems to be the case at the moment.
A previous report from di Marzio via MilanNews.it noted that the 21 year old goalkeeper wants to stay and that negotiations will begin with a base salary of 6 million euros. The renewal is expected to add one or two years to his current contract taking his agreement with the club to 2023.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from Milan's 3-0 win over Cagliari at home. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan midfielder being tracked by Atalanta, Torino and Benevento. [AC Milan Offside]
- Marco Brescianini gets Milan debut. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan open talks with Tottenham Hotspur for right back Aurier. [AC Milan Offside]
- Genoa beat Hellas Verona 3-0 to survive relegation and stay in Serie A. [Football Italia]