Peppe di Stefano of Sky via MilanNews.it is reporting that AC Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli is recovering well from his calf injury sustained toward the end of the previous season. The centre back had played every single minute of Milan's campaign until he was forced off the pitch by the injury. The defender has been present at Milanello this past week but has not taken part in the group training sessions. He is working hard to recover ahead of the pre-season friendlies. He was left out of Roberto Mancini's Italy squad for the upcoming Nations League games this past week presumably due to the injury and will want to make it back into the national squad as soon as possible ahead of the Euros next summer.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan announce pre-season friendly against Monza. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan pushing to poach deal for Brescia and Italy midfielder. [AC Milan Offside]
- Pepe Reina officially joins Lazio on a permanent deal. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan meet with Lucci over Pessina and Brescianini. [AC Milan Offside]
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Milan finally agree on contract renewal. [AC Milan Offside]