Konami have reported via their website that their licensing contract with AC Milan will not be renewed. The eFootball PES 2020 will be the last of the Pro Evolution Soccer to hold the official licensing of the club. The game will also lose Inter Milan but have Juventus exclusively. The expectation is that the clubs will have alternative names in the 2021 edition.
eFootball PES2020 have officially announced that the partnership contract with AC Milan will not be renewed. pic.twitter.com/en845b1AcH— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) July 7, 2020
Konami still have an official license with Serie A but look to have lost Milan and Inter back to FIFA, but this remains to be seen. Konami became the Official Video Game Partner of the club in 2017 for PES 2018 and had their agreement extended in 2018 for PES 2019 and PES 2020.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from Milan’s 4-2 win over Juventus at home. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan reportedly back in the race for Brescia midfielder Tonali. [AC Milan Offside]
- Gazidis to offer Maldini three potential roles to stay at club. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan set 75 million euro summer budget for Rangnick. [AC Milan Offside]
- Napoli come away with 2-1 against Genoa as Lozano scores winner. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester City run riot against Newcastle United in 5-0 win. [BBC]
- Barcelona win 1-0 relegating Espanyol from La Liga. [BBC]
- Liverpool ease past Brighton 3-1 with Salan brace. [The Guardian]
- South Korea attacker Hwang moves from RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig. [Super Sport]
- Villareal beat Getafe 3-1 to keep the pressure on Sevilla for UCL. [ESPN]