Sky via MilanNews.it are reporting that AC Milan duo Hakan Calhanoglu and Lucas Paqueta picked up knocks in the game against Lazio and will need to be evaluated ahead of the crunch tie with Juventus on Tuesday. Calhanoglu has been instrumental in the past couple of goals, scoring vital goals and setting them up for his teammates.
Skysport: Hakan Çalhanoğlu and Lucas Paquetá are not fully fit. However, coach Pioli will try to work on getting them ready for the match against Juventus. pic.twitter.com/ns0ZHonyWC— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) July 5, 2020
Without Paqueta and Calhanoglu, Stefano Pioli would lose one of his substitutions that have been so effective in the past games. The team could be forced to miss out on the tactical advantage of the five substitutions that have been used effectively to this point.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from Milan's 3-0 win over Lazio away. [AC Milan Offside]
- Match Recap of Milan's victory at the Olimpico. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan holding companies exchange 120 shares. [AC Milan Offside]
- Paolo Maldini to be offered a different role at Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Napoli face off with AS Roma and win 2-1 as UEL race heats up. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Barcelona beat Villarreal 4-1 to keep at the title race. [BBC]
- Sergio Ramos scores winner for Real Madrid against Athletic Bilbao 1-0. [BBC]
- Southampton shock Manchester City 1-0 after Adams goal. [The Guardian]
- Liverpool pick up late win against Aston Villa to return to form. [The Guardian]
- Primeira Liga title race close to conclusion as FC Porto win 4-0. [Super Sport]