AC Milan picked up an impressive three points in Rome against Lazio to deal the side their first home loss of the season and to dent their title hopes. Lazio were missing strikers Ciro Immobile and Felipe Caicedo for the game but Milan played an incredible 90 minutes to silence the Aquile.
Calhanoglu hit a screamer for the opening goal after a lay off from Ibrahimovic. The Swede scored off a Saelemaekers cross soon after but the goal was ruled offside. Saelemaekers continued to terrorise the left wing of Lazio and won a penalty which Ibrahimovic converted after Strakosha spilled the ball. In the second half, Rebic was subbed on and continued his stunning form scoring an easy placed goal after Bonaventura picked him out in the box. Milan face Juventus in three days at home, hopefully we see more of the same.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- 9 Things from Milan's 2-2 draw with SPAL away. [AC Milan Offside]
- Preview of Milan's trip to Rome to face Lazio. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan vs Lazio: H2H, Predictions and Players to Watch. [AC Milan Offside]
- Journalist discusses Milan targets at Real Madrid, Espanyol and Leganes. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus sweep aside Torino in Turin derby 4-2. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester United put five past relegation bound Bournemouth in 5-2 rout. [Sky Sports]
- Chelsea push Watford closer to relegation with 3-0 win as Giroud nets. [BBC]
- Bayern Munich beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 to lift the DFB Pokal. [BBC]
- Leeds United beat Blackburn Rovers 3-1 to widen lead at the top. [The Guardian]
- Celta Vigo held to draw 1-1 by Real Betis as Nolito scores. [Super Sport]