MilanNews.it are reporting that AC Milan right winger Samu Castillejo underwent an MRI scan on Thursday but the results are yet to be determined. The Spaniard picked up a muscle injury early in the first half of Milan's 2-2 draw with SPAL away. The scan will outline how severe his injury is and what the recovery time will be.
Castillejo will undergo tests to know the extent of his injury and will miss the match against Lazio. For his part, Theo only suffers a severe concussion and is expected to be available on Saturday.— HomeOfMilan (@homeofmilan) July 2, 2020
It is also entirely confirmed that he will miss the crucial fixture against Lazio on Saturday as it is unlikely he can recover in time. Theo Hernandez who also picked up a knock during the game seems not to be a concern and will likely play in Rome.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from Milan's 2-2 draw with SPAL 1913 away. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan permanently sign Saelemaekers with a deal until 2024. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan record 100 million in losses but hold 0 debt. [AC Milan Offside]
- Atalanta beat Napoli 2-0 to widen gap for Champions League spots. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma slip up again with 2-0 loss against Udinese at home. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Sheffield United shock Tottenham Hotspur with 3-1 win to close in on UEL. [BBC]
- Manchester City spank champions Liverpool 4-0 after the guard of honour. [Sky Sports]
- Real Madrid beat Getafe 1-0 to go four points clear at the top. [Goal]
- Werder Bremen held 0-0 by Heidenheim in relegation play off first leg. [Super Sport]
- Real Sociedad comeback to beat Espanyol 2-1 to fight for UEL. [Super Sport]