AC Milan went head to head with the only other unbeaten side since the restart and came away with a point. Atalanta are second in the table and the highest scoring side in Italy this season. Milan were forced to start Calabria, Gabbia, Laxalt and Biglia due to injuries and suspensions. The team ground out a tough performance to go 10 games unbeaten in Serie A. Hakan Calhanoglu bent home a lovely free kick early in the first half hitting the far top corner from a tight angle.
Milan took the lead early but were thrown off when Lucas Biglia made a silly late challenge costing the side a penalty. Gigio Donnarumma wore the Captain’s armband today and stepped up to save Malinovskyi’s penalty and keep Milan in the lead. Late in the second half, a shot was deflected into the path of Duvan Zapata where he overpowered Calabria and slotted home to tie the game. Both sides had some half chances in the second half as Bonaventura hit the post and Papu Gomez hit a volley just wide thus the game ended all square.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Tactical Review of Milan’s 2-1 win over Sassuolo away. [AC Milan Offside]
- Stefano Pioli’s contract details with Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan Primavera top scorer seeking move away. [AC Milan Offside]
- H2H, Players to Watch and Prediction for Atalanta game. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan talking to Real Betis and Barcelona right back Emerson. [AC Milan Offside]
World Football Links
- Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson wins FWA’s Men’s FOTY award. [BBC]
- PSG beat Saint Etienne to win French Cup but Kylian Mbappe gets injured. [BBC]
- Wigan Athletic begin talks with second bidder after sale collapses. [The Guardian]
- FIFPro suspends Ivory Coast player’s union over Didier Drogba snub. [Super Sport]
- Premier League 2020/21 set for September 12th start and May 23rd finish. [Goal]