MilanNews.it are reporting that AC Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli underwent an MRI scan yesterday that revealed a a destructive lesion of the muscle in his right calf. The centre back had to be replaced at the 32nd minute against Sassuolo by Matteo Gabbia as he pulled up grabbing his calf.
Milan's captain Romagnoli will miss the remainder of the season (3 games) after picking up a calf injury according to Di Marzio— Italian Football TV (@IFTVofficial) July 22, 2020
Get well soon ♥️ pic.twitter.com/yyVjsby1x6
Romagnoli had not missed a single minute of league football for Milan this season prior to the Sassuolo game. Stefano Pioli via MilanNews.it fears the worst as he stated the Romagnoli is likely out for the rest of the season.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan and Rangnick break their agreement, deal is off. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan officially extend Stefano Pioli's contract until 2022. [AC Milan Offside]
- Player Ratings from Milan's 2-1 win over Sassuolo away. [AC Milan Offside]
- Match recap as Milan grind out win vs ten man Sassuolo. [AC Milan Offside]
- Donnarumma picks up 200th appearance for Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
World Football Links
- Manchester United draw 1-1 with West Ham United after bizarre penalty. [BBC]
- Liverpool and Chelsea show off in a shout out ending 5-3. [BBC]
- West Bromwich Albion secure qualification to the Premier League after 2-2 draw. [BBC]
- Wigan Athletic relegated after 1-1 draw with Fulham and points deduction. [The Guardian]
- Former Sevilla and Espanyol boss Machin takes Huanghai job in China . [Super Sport]