clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

AC Milan Have An Agreement With RB Salzburg Midfielder and His Family; Release Clause Payment Pending

The saga looks to end in about a month, again it seems he will sign soon after Rangnick does.

FC Red Bull Salzburg v SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz - tipico Bundesliga Photo by David Geieregger/SEPA.Media /Getty Images

MilanNews.it are reporting that AC Milan have practically secured the signing of Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Salzburg this summer and will be announced after Ralf Rangnick officially becomes Milan's manager. The report notes that the player, his agent and his family are determined to follow Rangnick and have an agreement with him.

Alfredo Pedulla is reporting that Szoboszlai is Rangnick's priority and is hoping the midfielder will resist all other offers until Rangnick to Milan is official.

Salvatore Cantone of Planeta Milan is boldly claiming that Szoboszlai to Milan is done. He is saying that from his sources the deal was reached two weeks ago and has been kept under wraps. He notes that Szoboszlai gave his word to Milan.

Vito Angele on the same notes that Szoboszlai has given his availability to Milan and there have been constant contacts between the player and Rangnick. He notes that the only this missing is Milan paying his release clause to RB Salzburg.

In an interview with Nemzeti Sport via Sempre Milan, Szoboszlai and his agent discussed the future:

Szoboszlai on his future said:

“I heard about the rumours, some of my friends have also called me whether they are true. I said: read through the articles and you will know if they are proper information.

“When deciding about the future the most important thing that I will take into consideration is playing continuously. Playing in the Europa League/Champions League in the next year is not a priority. Some personal aspects will be also taken into account.”

His agent on the future said:

“There is no update, there are several offers. We have time, there is no need to rush. Seasons in some countries are not even finished. We are seeking the best solution for Dominik. Decision may be taken in the upcoming weeks.”