AC Milan come back from 2-1 down to tie with Napoli at the San Paolo. Gennaro Gattuso faced his former side for the first time and the game was flung open as both sides took and lost the lead. Theo Hernandez opened the scoring after volleying in of a sublim cross from Ante Rebic. Napoli equalised after Donnarumma spilled the ball and di Lorenzo pounced.
In the second half, Napoli struck first as Mertens beat Bennacer to a cross in the box and a deflection put the ball past Donnarumma. Giacomo Bonaventura came off the bench and won a crucial penalty which Franck Kessie calmly tucked away to share the spoils. The draw keeps Milan in 7th place, two points below Napoli and four below AS Roma in 5th.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Bild journalist discusses Rangnick, Rashica, Schik and staff. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan reportedly offer initial contract to RB Salzburg midfielder. [AC Milan Offside]
- Preview of Milan vs Napoli away. [AC Milan Offside]
- H2H, Form and Players to Watch as Milan travel to Napoli. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan will decide Zlatan Ibrahimovic's future in August. [AC Milan Offside]
World Football Links
- AFC Bournemouth take advantage as Leicester City collapse in 4-1 win. [BBC]
- Tottenham Hotspur pick up late 2-1 win against Arsenal in the derby. [BBC]
- Wolverhampton hammer Everton 3-0 to boost Europe hopes. [The Guardian]
- France international Griezmann injured as Barcelona miss him in final games. [Super Sport]
- 12 year old arrested over racist messages sent to Crystal Palace striker Zaha. [Sky Sports]