Gianluca di Marzio via MilanNews.it is reporting that the meeting between AC Milan’s CEO Ivan Gazidis and prospective manager Ralf Rangnick was also attended by owner Gordon Singer. The meeting reportedly took place in Vienna in the recent weeks.
Di Marzio: “Milan don’t need to sell players in order to make new signings. There will be a budget set for the transfer market for the new coach [Rangnick] to bring players that suit his playing style.” https://t.co/SSKWbsBdSx— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) June 18, 2020
At the meeting, Rangnick reportedly laid forth his demands of managing all purchases and sales of players and to have a clear budget. The German wants a team of young players who press and play high intensity football. The manager also wants to have a staff who allow him to integrate in Italy easily.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan virtually close deal for Ralf Rangnick with 3 year contract. [AC Milan Offside]
- Maldini and Massara set for Milan exits this summer. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan striker Silva shining at Eintracht Frankfurt with 15 goals. [AC Milan Offside]
- Fiorentina go in for Thiago Silva as PSG decline contract renewal. [Football Italia]
- Napoli fans swarm the streets of Naples after Coppa Italia win. [Super Sport]
World Football Links
- Timo Werner to Chelsea officially confirmed as Liverpool miss out. [BBC]
- Real Madrid ease past Valencia as Karim Benzema surpasses Ferenc Puskas. [BBC]
- Manchester United coach Solksjaer says Paul Pogba to show class. [The Guardian]
- Jose Mourinho says Alli unlucky to be suspended for Tottenham Hotspur . [Super Sport]
- Real Sociedad lose to Alaves 2-0 to dent Champions League hopes. [Super Sport]