Nicolo Schira on Twitter is reporting that Parma are looking to sign AC Milan’s young centre back Matteo Gabbia for the summer. The 20 year old defender has made a handful of appearances with the first team this season and has held up well. The defender will undoubtedly struggle to break into the starting XI anytime soon though.
Parma could be a good loan option for Gabbia to get some experience and regular playing time in Serie A. The report does not specify whether Parma are after a loan or a permanent deal. Gabbia spent last season on loan at Lucchese in Serie C.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Seven Milan players considered unsellable by Rangnick. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan open talks for Chelsea outcast Bakayoko as player awaits call. [AC Milan Offside]
- Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig pressing for Kouassi as Milan drop off. [AC Milan Offside]
- Venezia at risk of missing Serie B restart as they have a coronavirus case. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma president Pallotta notes Friedkin offer was too low. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Arsenal coach Arteta believes Aubameyang is close to renewing. [BBC]
- Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals. [BBC]
- Newcastle United still in limbo as takeover looms. [The Guardian]
- Sevilla settle for draw with Levante 1-1 with late own goal. [Super Sport]
- Tough ties ahead for Barcelona and Real Madrid in title race. [Super Sport]