Calcio Mercato are reporting that AC Milan winger Ante Rebic will not be fined by the club for his red card against Juventus in the Coppa Italia semi final. The winger was sent off for a high boot challenge on Danilo, six seconds after Ronaldo missed a penalty. The challenge was reckless but does not seem to be malicious. He has received a one match ban in the Coppa. He reportedly apologised to his teammates and the manager after the game.
CM: Rebic will not face fine after reckless red card against Juventushttps://t.co/oFz2gLHub1— SempreMilan (@SempreMilanCom) June 14, 2020
Milan looked toothless for the rest of the game as they went down to 10 men and lost their striker. They lost one aggregate and now have to look to break back into the European spots in the league.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- 9 Things from Milan's 0-0 draw with Juventus in the Coppa. [AC Milan Offside]
- Lyon interested in Inter Milan defender Godian for the summer. [Football Italia]
- Reggina confirms talks with former Milan and AS Roma winger. [Football Italia]
- Fiorentina eyeing Sassuolo coach de Zerbi to take over. [Football Italia]
- Juventus centre back Chiellini wants to play another year. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Real Madrid come back strong with 3-1 win over Eibar at training ground. [BBC]
- Athletic Bilbao hold Atlético Madrid 1-1 in La Liga return. [BBC]
- La Liga to prosecute pitch invader who approached Barcelona's captain Messi. [The Guardian]
- Schalke 04 continue winless streak with Bayer Leverkusen draw 1-1. [Super Sport]
- Real Sociedad held by Osasuna 1-1 to dent Champions League hopes. [Super Sport]