AC Milan drew 0-0 with Juventus at the Allianz Stadium in Turin but were knocked out of the Coppa Italia due to away goals on aggregate. Milan were rocked by two decisions from referee Orsato in the first fifteen minutes that saw him award Juventus a penalty and show Ante Rebic a red card. Both decisions were very harsh and once again, Juventus prevailed against Milan thanks to the officiating (no surprise here at all).
⚽️ Juventus vs AC Milan: CRISTIANO RONALDO missed penalty and a RED CARD for Rebic! pic.twitter.com/VZaIMknezP— D9INE FOOTBALL 2020 (@D9INE_NEXUS_F1) June 12, 2020
Milan put up a valiant effort with 10 men for 75 minutes for their first game in 95 days. Unfortunately the red card left the Rossoneri toothless in attack leading to their exit from the tournament. Primavera striker Lorenzo Colombo managed to get his senior debut as Stefano Pioli used all five available substitutions. Oddly, Milan exited the cup without losing a single game; their record is WWDD.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings for Juventus vs Milan 0-0. [AC Milan Offside]
- Why Milan facing Juventus in Coppa Italia is a vital fixture. [AC Milan Offside]
- Silvio Berlusconi wants Maldini at AC Monza in Serie B. [AC Milan Offside]
- Torino considering move for former Milan coach Marco Giampaolo. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rangnick reportedly wants an Italian staff with him at Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
World Football Links
- Hoffenheim lose to RB Leipzig 2-0 at home to lose pace with UEL spot. [BBC]
- Premier League players to wear Black Lives Matter on shirts. [BBC]
- Lisbon is the favourite for Champions League mini tournament. [The Guardian]
- Granada come from behind to beat Getafe 2-1 behind closed doors. [Super Sport]
- Valencia draw 1-1 with Levante after 98th minute penalty from VAR. [Daily Mail]