AC Milan President Paolo Scaroni via MilanNews.it confirmed that a number of players at the club are positive of the coronavirus after medical checks this week. He noted that all the players in question are recovering. He also noted that Technical Director Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel are now doing well.
President Paolo Scaroni says some of AC Milan's players have contracted #coronavirus as technical director Paolo Maldini recovers from COVID-19— AFP_Sport (@AFP_Sport) May 8, 2020
Milan have resumed individual training since Thursday and Milanello has reopened this week. The players have been training in a staggered manner on their own to respect the social distancing rules currently in place across Italy .
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan Femminile's Thorsvaldottir will return to Iceland after half season. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan and Inter Milan present updated plans for Nuovo Stadio Milano. [AC Milan Offside]
- Ralf Rangnick pours cold water on Milan talks for the moment. [AC Milan Offside]
- Serie A call for emergency meeting for May 13th over resumption. [Football Italia]
- Cagliari schedule coronavirus tests for Monday ahead of training. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- More substitutes and no VAR expected when Premier League resumes. [BBC]
- Ighalo wants to extend Manchester United loan to finish season. [BBC]
- RB Leipzig's Nagelsmann to practise coaching in face mask. [Super Sport]
- Real Madrid's Luka Jovic has a broken foot and is out seven weeks. [Super Sport]
- Tottenham Hotspur's Son Heung-min completes South Korea military training. [CNN]