Nicolo Schira is reporting that AC Milan players and staff recorded three positive cases of the coronavirus from the tests thus far. Milan players and staff began undergoing medical checks on Tuesday this week and hosted individual staggered training sessions on Thursday.
Emergenza #COVIDー19 sempre più forte nel mondo del calcio: oltre ai 6 casi della Fiorentina e ai 4 giocatori della Sampdoria ci sarebbero 3 tesserati positivi anche nel #Milan. La ripartenza della #SerieA si fa sempre più complicata. #coronavirus— Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira) May 8, 2020
It is unclear which players or staff have tested positive and there is no official confirmation from the club at this point. A number of teams across Serie A have recorded positive cases of COVID-19 amongst players and staff as they returned to training this wee. It remains to be seen what impact this will have of the prospects of resuming the league.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- RB Salzburg's Szoboszlai vs Benfica's Luis for Milan midfield. [AC Milan Offside]
- Only two Juventus players are currently abroad; Higuain and Rabiot. [Football Italia]
- Sampdoria have registered four positive coronavirus cases. [Football Italia]
- Fiorentina register six new coronavirus cases after tests. [Football Italia]
- Hellas Verona players get all clear to resume training tomorrow. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Germany's Bundesliga to resume behind closed doors on May 16. [BBC]
- Premier League clubs discuss kick-off times and free-to-air games. [BBC]
- Denmark will be able to host Euro 2021 games despite Tour de France clash . [Super Sport]
- Miroslav Klose becomes assistant coach at Bayern Munich from 2020/21. [Super Sport]
- Manchester City's owners set up academy in Uruguay for Montevido. [Sky Sports]