According to MilanNews.it this week will be key to determine whether the Serie A season will resume or not. A crucial meeting on Wednesday between Prime Minister Conte, Health Minister Spadafora and the government technical committee will consider the options going forth. A cancellation of the season is not out of the question despite the clubs vote.
Italian Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora has finally bowed to the pressure applied by the clubs and players association to be allowed to train & practice safe distancing in their training centres as of tomorrow. There’s still a medical protocol to agree before Serie A returns— Mina Rzouki (@Minarzouki) May 3, 2020
If the government of Italy green lights a resumption of the season the likely dates will be the 14th or 21st of June. A number of teams will return to training this week and group training can resume on the 18th of May.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Serie A teams to resume training by next week. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan preparing 35 million bid for Real Madrid striker Jovic. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan hunting for young RB Salzburg midfielder Szobszolai. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan Women's Vitale sends message to Italy government. [AC Milan Offside]
- Ronaldo set for Juventus return this week. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester United set to discipline Rojo over lockdown breach. [BBC]
- Premier League clubs need to be more open to neutral venues. [BBC]
- Netherlands coach Ronald Koeman in hospital for heart procedure. [The Guardian]
- Presidential hopeful Biden throws weight behind United States WNT plea. [Super Sport]
- Manchester City talisman De Bruyne will consider future after UCL exclusion. [Sky Sports]