Gazzetta dello Sport via Sempre Milan is reporting that Lega Serie A have scrapped extra time for the final two rounds of the Coppa Italia. The semi finals will have their second legs restart football in Italy after the suspension due to the coronavirus. In the event of a draw on aggregate, the game will go straight to penalties.AC Milan will take on Juventus in Turin whilst Inter Milan will face Napoli in Naples.
GdS: Extra time scrapped in Coppa Italia due to tight schedule - the detailshttps://t.co/hfM6QbPouk— SempreMilan (@SempreMilanCom) May 30, 2020
The move is set to appease both Milan clubs who were worried about the strain on the player's given the requirement to potentially play two games in the span of 4/5 days followed closely by the resumption of the league just three days later.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan will reportedly announce new partnership deal next week. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan watching Burnley and Republic of Ireland midfielder. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan might look to offer Chelsea outcast Bakayoko another loan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Atalanta manger Gasperini says he had COVID-19 during Valencia clash. [Football Italia]
- Reports are indicating that the AS Roma takeover might be off. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Bayern Munich steam roll Fortuna Dusseldorf 5-0 with Lewandowski brace. [BBC]
- Vincent Kompany turns down assistant role at Manchester City. [The Guardian]
- Schalke 04 and United States midfielder McKennie honours George Floyd. [Super Sport]
- Ukraine forced to cancel a game due to coronavirus cases. [Super Sport]
- Eintracht Frankfurt steal 2-1 win versus Wolfsburg as Andre Silva scores again. [Reuters]