Reports from multiple outlets on Twitter are noting that AC Milan veteran striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will return to Sweden after just two weeks in Italy. The striker suffered a calf injury in training two days ago and is set to be out for a month, thus, will likely miss the first 3-4 games if the season resumes.
The striker is returning to Sweden to be with his family and recover from the injury. He is expected back in Italy in about a week as he is expected to undergo more tests in 10 days since his initial assessment on Tuesday.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan Player Profiles: Ismael Bennacer [AC Milan Offside]
- Livorno takeover may have been scrapped. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan tell Barcelona to pay Lautaro's release clause. [Football Italia]
- Brescia President says Mario Balotelli is no longer with the club. [Football Italia]
- PSG are back in for Napoli centre back Koulibaly. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Rangers sign Genk winger Ianis Hagi permanently. [BBC]
- RB Leipzig held at home by Hertha Berlin 2-2 as Piatek scores penalty. [BBC]
- Premier League clubs against paying rebate to broadcasters. [The Guardian]
- Augsburg and Paderborn play out tame 0-0 draw as relegation looms. [Super Sport]
- Schalke 04 go from bad to worse in 2-1 loss to Fortuna Dusseldorf. [Sky Sports]