Sky Italia are reporting that AC Milan veteran striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has picked up an injury in training yesterday. The striker returned from Sweden just about a week and a half ago to join his teammates but has now potentially hurt himself quite badly. The early reports suggest an Achilles injury which could end the journeyman's career.
The 38 year old is set to undergo tests to conclusively determine the extent of the injury. This would be a huge blow for the player and the club. Serie A is currently under review for a resumption of football in mid-June after being suspended for over two months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan set to open up Donnarumma renewal talks. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan midfielder Lucas Biglia considering Argentina move. [AC Milan Offside]
- Hertha Berlin refused to swap youngster for Piatek in January. [AC Milan Offside]
- Massimiliano Allegri is reportedly job hunting in Italy after hiatus. [Football Italia]
- Lazio's President is suing Gazzetta dello Sport for defamation. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester United likely to lose Ighalo back to China as his parent club calls. [BBC]
- Women's Super League and Championship in England ended early. [BBC]
- Borussia Dortmund look to steal win at Home vs Bayern Munich for 1st. [The Guardian]
- Atlético Madrid's Joao Felix sprains knee in training. [Super Sport]
- AZ Alkmaar urge UEFA to overturn Ajax's Champions League spot. [Sky Sports]