Super Sport are reporting that Borussia Dortmund's Sporting Director Michael Zorc has confirmed that midfielder and World Cup winner Mario Gotze's contract will not be renewed this summer. The 27 year old Germany international has struggled to fit into Lucien Favre's 3-4-3 system and will be looking for a fresh start elsewhere.
Michael #Zorc bei @SkySportDE: "Wir werden die Zusammenarbeit mit @MarioGoetze im Sommer beenden. Es ist eine gemeinsame Entscheidung nach einem sauberen Gespräch. Mario ist ein richtig guter Junge." pic.twitter.com/SRruVrJZBS— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) May 23, 2020
AC Milan are reported to be one of the clubs chasing the signature of the attacking midfielder who will now be available on a bosman signing. Gotze can bring a spark and a wealth of experience to the club as well as fill a real creative need at the club. As we reported here last month, he has been offered to AS Roma alongside Milan.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Profile: Theo Hernandez. [AC Milan Offside]
- Italy's Heritage Authority green lights San Siro demolition. [AC Milan Offside]
- Vito Angele provides updates on Kouassi, Boga and Szoboszlai. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus could offer up three players for Paul Pogba this summer. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan are proposing a contract for PSG veteran Cavani. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Hertha Berlin hammer Union Berlin in derby 4-0. [Sky Sports]
- Kai Havertz helps Bayer Leverkusen shock Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-1. [DW]
- Borussia Dortmund's full backs both score to beat Wolfburg 2-0. [BBC]
- Bayern Munich put five goals past Eintracht Frankfurt despite Hinteregger's efforts. [BBC]
- Leeds United doctor discusses path forward for safe return of football. [The Guardian]