La Repubblica are reporting that Italy's Minister of Sport has said that Serie A could return on June 13th or June 20th. He added that this Thursday the committee will decide if and when the league will return. Football in Italy has been suspended since the mid-March. AC Milan have been training for two weeks now, in preparation for the league's resumption.
Spadafora: "13 o 20 giugno per ripresa serie A". Malagò: "Non è scontato" [di FULVIO BIANCHI] [aggiornamento delle 23:06] https://t.co/wNSgXOcHX7— Repubblica (@repubblica) May 24, 2020
There are also considerations for some sort of free-to-air scenario for the games. This is to reduce the number of people gathering to watch matches. This announcement comes after the FIGC handed over the medical protocol for the games to Spadafora.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Fiorentina looking to go all in for Borussia Mönchengladbach's Thuram. [Football Italia]
- Manchester United could lower Smalling's fee at player's request. [Football Italia]
- FIGC hands over medical protocol for matches to Spadafora. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma will push to extend Henrikh Mkhitaryan's stay. [Football Italia]
- Serie A will not likely have early kick offs. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Timo Werner nets hat trick as RB Leipzig steam roll Mainz 05 5-0. [BBC]
- One Bournemouth player self isolates after positive coronavirus test. [The Guardian]
- FC Cologne earn late 2-2 draw with Fortuna Dusseldorf after last minute goal. [Super Sport]
- Schalke 04 woes worsen as Augsburg dominate fixture for 3-0 win. [Sky Sports]
- La Liga get the go ahead to resume league on second week of June. [CNN]