Manuele Baiocchini of Sky Sport Italia is reporting that AC Milan’s top managerial target for the summer Ralf Rangnick is pushing for a face-to-face meeting with Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis to iron out final details and discuss his vision for the club. The discussion is expected to clear up the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus crisis on the business around football.
Rangnick seeks a face to face meeting with Gazidis to understand how the Milan project can be developed. In early June, if all goes well, Rangnick and Gazidis will meet and decide definitively whether to go ahead or not https://t.co/MkR3F6fAqA— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) May 19, 2020
The main issue has to do with a reduction in the available budget for the summer. Another issue is the desire for a long term contract from the club as well as the space to implement his vision. This meeting seems critical to finding a resolution.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan ready to swoop for Celtic FC defender Ajer. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan Femminile’s Ganz confirms training will resume soon. [AC Milan Offside]
- Cagliari’s have secured a new stadium designer. [Football Italia]
- Lazio are ready to offer Simone Inzaghi a new three year deal. [Football Italia]
- Protocol for matches for Serie A resumption not finalised as yet. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Watford captain Troy Deeney says he will not return to training. [BBC]
- Manchester City appeal over European ban set for June at CAS. [BBC]
- Burnley assistant manager tests positive for the coronavirus. [The Guardian]
- Marseille have offered manager Andres Villas-Boas a new contract. [Super Sport]
- Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr will sign a new contract next week. [Super Sport]