The FIGC has announced that football in Italy will not resume before the 14th of June. This contradicts previous plans of the Serie A restarting on the 13th of June. Group training for teams resumed yesterday after a week of individual training at club facilities.
The announcement came after Italy's Prime Minister announced that all professional sporting events would be suspended until the 14th of June. Thus the mid June restart is possible but has been slightly delayed.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Radio Rossonera journalist gives updates on Milan's summer. [AC Milan Offside]
- Fiorentina owner Commisso says there is too much red tape. [Football Italia]
- Lazio pressing Hellas Verona for defender Kumbulla. [Football Italia]
- Udinese president calls Bundesliga restart a failure. [Football Italia]
- Juventus planning contract renewal for Dybala until 2025. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Celtic FC crowned Champions in Scotland as league is called off. [BBC]
- Chelsea midfield Hudson-Odoi arrested and bailed out. [BBC]
- La Liga protocol will allow 197 people to attend when season resumes. [The Guardian]
- Bayer Leverkusen hammer Werder Bremen 4-1 as relegation looms. [The Guardian]
- UEFA postpones ExCom meeting set for May 27. [Super Sport]