MilanNews.it are reporting AC Milan is one of the clubs seeking clarifications on the protocol put forth by the FIGC on the resumption of training. One of the major sticking points is the mandatory quarantine of the entire swuad if one player tests positive for the coronavirus. A number of clubs alongside Milan would prefer for the single player to be isolated in that situation.
Italian football leaders have asked the government to reconsider the medical protocol it has authorised as a condition for allowing @SerieA to re-start after the #coronavirus stoppage.https://t.co/FKZj9qkAs2— Firstpost Sports (@FirstpostSports) May 15, 2020
Group training is expected to begin on Monday. A report from Football Italia notes that Milan are among nine clubs that are holding out against going into a training retreat due to the potential impact of the medical protocol locking everyone up and getting the Serie A resumption on the fritz again.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- What If Milan began rebuilding after the 2007 Champions League? [AC Milan Offside]
- Breaking down Milan's defensive targets from France. [AC Milan Offside]
- Pepe Reina is being targeted by PSG as a veteran backup. [AC Milan Offside]
- Gonzalo Higuain returns to Italy as Juventus start training. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma post huge debts for the season thus far. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Scotland's Premiership to have a decision on their season next week. [BBC]
- Club Bruges awarded the Belgium Championship as season is ended. [BBC]
- Single positive test will quarantine squad in the Premier League. [The Guardian]
- All eyes on Germany as Bundesliga resumes today. [Super Sport]
- League Two clubs in England vote to end season early. [Sky Sports]