MilanNews.it are reporting that Germany international Mario Gotze will look to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. The former Bayern Munich attacker has faced some difficulties in the Bundesliga since his amazing display in the World Cup with winning goal for Germany against Argentina in 2014.
- @Gazzetta_it: German Mario Gotze was offered to Milan and ASRoma .. The player will become free at the end of the season, but so far there is nothing concrete about the player's coming to Italy.— HomeOfMilan (@homeofmilan) April 6, 2020
The report notes that AC Milan and AS Roma are the two teams fighting for his signature this summer. Gotze has 217 appearances for Dortmund where he has scored 45 goals and provided 61 assists as well as 114 appearances for Bayern scoring 36 goals and providing 24 assists. He is 27 and has won 5 Bundesliga titles, 4 DFB Pokals and the World Cup.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan's foundation raises over 500,000 to fight the coronavirus. [AC Milan Offside]
- Inside Milan's partners initiative to support Italy and the world. [AC Milan Offside]
- Manchster United reportedly in for Lazio's Milinkovic Savic. [Football Italia]
- Suso set to leave Milan for Sevilla permanently. [Football Italia]
- Mauro Icardi's agent says Italy is home for the in demand striker. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- FIFA ratifies summer transfer window move and contract ends to move. [BBC]
- Qatar likely to keep World Cup despite bribery allegation in the US. [The Guardian]
- Flick bracing for empty stadiums in Germany if Bundesliga resumes in May. [Super Sport]
- Premier League chief warns of 1 billion pounds of losses if season incomplete. [Sky Sports]
- Tottenham Hotspur unimpressed by Jose Mourinho training session. [Evening Standard]