Antonio Vitiello via MilanNews.it is reporting that AC Milan are closing to announcing their sponsorship renewal with Emirates airlines. The 'Fly Emirates’ sponsor was featured on Milan shirts since the 2010/11 season and the club seem close to a renewal however at a much reduced figure as we reported here.
D’ici quelques semaines, de nouveaux sponsors seront dévoilés à Milan dont le renouvellement avec Emirates jusqu'en juin 2022, qui n'est pas encore officiel. (@AntoVitiello) pic.twitter.com/PBybHdKPyd— Actualité Milan (@ActualiteMilan) April 29, 2020
The report indicates that the renewal will be a short term deal until the summer of 2022 hence a two year deal. This allows Milan to renegotiate a better deal sooner rather than later if they manage to get back to Champions League places by then.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Italy's Minister of uncertain on whether Serie A can resume. [AC Milan Offside]
- Jersey Week: The Top 5 Jerseys of AC Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Li Yonghong discusses losing Milan to Elliot. [AC Milan Offside]
- Torino owner Urbano Cairo donates salary to charity. [Football Italia]
- Former Inter Milan coach Stramaccioni to Iran is ruled out. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- England and Leeds United defender Trevor Cherry dies at 72. [BBC]
- Manchester United will trial barrier seating at Old Trafford next season. [BBC]
- Tiemoue Bakayoko is back in Chelsea limbo after season ends for Monaco. [The Guardian]
- Season re-start possible despite Netherlands and France moves. [Super Sport]
- Ndombele considering future at Tottenham Hotpur amid Barcelona links. [Sky Sports]