A new report from Football Italia indicates that Italy will enter Phase Two of their pandemic response from the 4th of May thus Serie A footballers will be allowed to train individually from 4th May and train in groups from 18th May with games expected to resume on 2nd June.
Italy Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has announced that football clubs will be able to start training sessions again on the 4th of May - within the limits of social distancing rules -while full squad training sessions will start again 2 weeks later, on the 18th.— Get Italian Football News (@_GIFN) April 26, 2020
Players will be regularly tested with swabs and blood tests and will be expected to quarantine if found to be infected. The confirmation on whether or not the season will go ahead is expected to be made in the coming weeks.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan scouting Sampdoria's 15 year old midfield sensation. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan and Inter Milan pushing ahead for the new stadium. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus 2020-21 kit leaked. [Football Italia]
- Spadafora unsure on when football in Italy can resume. [Football Italia]
- Nainggolan would be open to AS Roma return. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Will the summer transfer window be one of free transfers? [BBC]
- Wolverhampton's Diogo Jota win ePL title. [Super Sport]
- Alan Pardew denies bonus for saving Den Haag from relegation. [The Guardian]
- South Africa's Football Association mulls voluntary retrenchment. [Super Sport]
- Kouassi recalls experience in Span and return to Wuhan after over 104 days. [The Guardian]