Sky Sports are reporting that Serie A teams have agreed that the season should be completed. The decision was unanimous. A number of clubs looked likely to oppose the move but they seem to have come around. The FIGC has said that the season will definitely be completed even if it takes up until the autumn to do so.
Italy's 20 Serie A teams have unanimously agreed they should try and complete the 2019-20 season which is currently at a standstill because of the coronavirus outbreak.— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) April 21, 2020
It said that the resumption of play would take place “in compliance with medical protocols for the protection of players and all professionals”.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Rossoneri Nation Squads: the top Netherlands XI. [AC Milan Offside]
- Romelu Lukaku claims 23-25 Inter players were ill in January. [Football Italia]
- Vicenza youngster rushed to hospital due to brain haemorrhage. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan set to extend Ashley Young's contract after solid start. [Football Italia]
- Serie A President confident for training resumption on May 4. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Eredivisie effectively over after statements from Prime Minister. [Goal]
- UEFA set to confirm Women's Euros to move to July 2022. [BBC]
- Barcelona set to sell Camp Nou naming rights to help fight the coronavirus. [Sky Sports]
- Amnestly International raise red flag over Newcastle United takeover. [The Guardian]
- UEFA says some leagues and cups could be cancelled across Europe. [BBC]