Tuttosport via MilanNews.it are reporting that AC Milan could consider the captain of AZ Alkmaar Teun Koopmeiners as a midfield reinforcement for the summer transfer window. The Rossoneri looks set to lose veterans Lucas Biglia and Giacomo Bonaventura to expiring contracts hence they need to add depth ASAP. The 22 year old holding midfielder is having a breakout season where he has managed to score 16 goals and provide 3 assists despite his defensive role.
@tuttosport : Milan is on the trail of Teun Koopmeiners the captain of AZ Alkmaar. The player is valued at 15M/20M €.— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) April 19, 2020
Good signing? pic.twitter.com/MvIyRDZCM7
It is reported that he is valued at about 20 million euros and is being tracked by other clubs. The future Netherlands international could be a solid addition to the group and definitely fits the transfer mould that Elliot are looking to implement.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Rossoneri Nation Squads: Milan Top ROW XI. [AC Milan Offside]
- Leaked test shirt for Milan's home kit for 2020/21. [AC Milan Offside]
- Stellone sues Ascoli for 'global damage.’ [Football Italia]
- AS Roma players agree to forego four months wages to support club. [Super Sport]
- Napoli could swoop for Mauro Icardi after PSG stint. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Watford set to agree wage deferrals. [BBC]
- Europa Leaguefinal potentially to be set for Aug 27. [Football Italia]
- What are the priorities for Newcastle United's new owners? [The Guardian]
- Brighton's stadium to be used as a coronavirus testing centre. [Super Sport]
- Denmark’s Midtjylland plan drive-in experience for fans. [Super Sport]