Sky Italia are reporting that AC Milan have recalled their players who are abroad. The club estimates that training may resume early next month thus players would have to arrive and undertake the mandatory 14 day quarantine before then. There is growing optimism that training will resume training of the 4th of May.
The players currently abroad are Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rafael Leao, Hakan Calhanoglu, Simon Kjaer, Asmir Begovic, Lucas Paqueta, Ante Rebic, Franck Kessie, Rade Krunic, Samu Castileljo, Ismael Bennacer and Theo Hernandez. The report indicates that they will be asked to be back in Milan by next Thursday.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Rossoneri Nation Squads: The Top XI from the Americas. [AC Milan Offside]
- Benevento's Viola says he can't wait to play in Serie A. [Football Italia]
- Former Juventus defender Benatia criticises Allegri for broken promises. [Football Italia]
- Maurizio Sarri discusses complicated relationship with Chelsea players. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan have new partner in Suning Real Estate. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Premier League clubs working to ensure the season is completed. [BBC]
- Leeds United legend Norman Hunter passes away due to the coronavirus. [BBC]
- A look at FIFA's Normalisation committee. [The Guardian]
- MLS extends moratorium on mathces to June 8. [Super Sport]
- Tottenham Hotspur will ask Mauricio Pochettino to take a pay cut. [Sky Sports]