Fabrizio Romano via Calcio Mercato is reporting AC Milan are prioritising the contract renewal of the captain Alessio Romagnoli for this summer. The centre back has a contract until 2022 but the management want to tie him down to another long term contract as he is one of the pillars of the project. He is represented by Mino Raiola who also represents Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Giacomo Bonaventura and Gianluigi Donnarumma on the squad.
@NicoSchira : Alessio Romagnoli wants to stay in Milan. The master is awaiting a call from management to discuss the contract extension. AtleticoMadrid is interested in the player, but his priority is to stay in Milan. pic.twitter.com/XlUdFh705w— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) April 14, 2020
Romagnoli is currently on an after tax wage of 3.5 million euros per annum but an issue could arise if Gazidis does not make an exception for the captain under the new wage caps that have been discussed. It is understood that Romagnoli desires to remain at the club and will work toward a renewal. The young centre back is being followed by a number of clubs notably Chelsea and Lazio for a move.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Rossoneri Nation Squads: The Top XI of Brazil Nationals. [AC Milan Offside]
- Various Primavera leagues in Italy have been terminated. [Football Italia]
- Cagliari's Nainggolan volunteers too donate food. [Football Italia]
- Fiorentina coach Iachini warns of training issues. [Football Italia]
- Atalanata ask Genk for Maehle for the summer. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Premier League clubs considering June 30 deadline. [BBC]
- UEFA to set Champions League final for August 29. [BBC]
- Nigeria international Dickson Etuhu receives ban for match fixing. [The Guardian]
- Guangzhou Evergrande start on world football's largest stadium in China. [Sky Sports]
- Liverpool team up with local church to donate food. [Super Sport]