Calcio Mercato are reporting that AC Milan's potentially closed deal for Racing Club's Matias Zaracho may now be on the rocks. The 22 year old midfielder has been tracked by the club for at least a year and was a concrete target for Paolo Maldini. A reported fee of about 20 million seems to have been agreed and the player favoured the move.
Exclusive: Racing's Zaracho gives go-ahead for Milan move but Boban's exit can change strategy [@FabrizioRomano] https://t.co/2AsE0EVmoU pic.twitter.com/HQhRq1sFtw— CalcioMercato (En) (@CmdotCom_En) March 27, 2020
Now the outlet is claiming that the move could fall apart with the potential departure of Maldini as well as the exit of Boban. Milan have also shifted their focus to Sandro Tonali for the midfield and if he is their main target there will likely not be any other moves.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan for swap deal with Fiorentina for midfielders. [AC Milan Offside]
- The Best Milan XI of Argentina nationals. [AC Milan Offside]
- Hellas Verona's Agyemang Badu reveals tough 2019 and 2020. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan have secured a 15 year old Bulgarian midfielder. [Football Italia]
- Argentina international Martinez makes huge donations to hospitals. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Newcastle United in advanced talks to sell the club for 310 million. [The Guardian]
- Ligue 1 players set to accept 50% wage deferrals. [The Guardian]
- Time is running out on chance for a full MLS season. [Super Sport]
- Bournemouth reverse decision to furlough non playing staff. [Sky Sports]
- England Women donate to help the NHS. [BBC]