Sky Sports are reporting that AC Milan could be falling out of the race for the young France international Dayot Upamecano as pressure ramps up from Premier League clubs such as Manchester United and Manchester City for the centre back. Upamecano has a 60 million release clause and would be an ideal partner for Alessio Romagnoli given his age and talent.
The 21-year-old France youth international has emerged as one of the best upcoming defenders in Europe, and is said to be on the lists of both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Pep Guardiola.— Sky Sports (@SkySports) April 13, 2020
But it seems that Rangnick's potential move will not be enough to woo the defender as bigger clubs will be able to offer much better deals including higher wages, European football and title runs.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Our new segment 'Rossoneri Nation Squads’ has launched. [AC Milan Offside]
- The league in Italy set to end in August. [Football Italia]
- Mario Balotelli would be open to Napoli move after Brescia flop. [Football Italia]
- Lazio hit out at Giovanni Rezza afte season ending comments. [Football Italia]
- Lorenzo Insigne ends relationship with Mino Raiola. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Tottenham Hotspur reconsider furlough of staff. [The Guardian]
- Rakitic hits out at Barcelona over poor treatment. [Super Sport]
- Premier League expecting behind closed doors return to football. [Sky Sports]
- Former Chelsea striker and manager Vialli is cleared of pancreatic cancer. [BBC]
- Manchester City's Bernardo Silva would want Benfica opportunity. [Goal]