MilanNews.it are reporting that AC Milan have a key decision to make ahead of this summer transfer window on whether or not to keep Denmark international Simon Kjaer after his loan spell. He has a very low buy out set at 2.5 million euros. Kjaer has become a regular fixture in the squad partnering well with Alessio Romagnoli as he adds aerial strength and physicality to the back line.
The defender presents a low cost option to strengthen the defensive position for the next season while a cheaper long term option can be found. Moreover, 2.5 million is not a significant investment for a sound depth player if Milan decide to pursue someone like Ndicka, Upamecano or Ajer.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan home jersey mock up leaks online. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan ready to swap three youngsters for Tonali plus cash. [AC Milan Offside]
- Serie A will not have any fans in stadiums until 2021. [Football Italia]
- Serie A could resume end of May and complete the season in mid July. [Football Italia]
- Ramsey says he's at Juventus to win the Champions League at last. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Former Chelsea and England goalkeeper Bonetti passes away. [The Guardian]
- Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish released from hospital after coronavirus fight. [BBC]
- Real Sociedad ditch plans to resume training on Tuesday. [Sky Sports]
- Arsenal still to strike wage deal with players amid coronavirus crisis. [Goal]
- FIFA President outlines three priorities for football going forward. [Super Sport]