AC Milan and Inter Milan faced off in the first ever virtual Derby della Madonnina to raise the morale of fans across the world being afflicted by the coronavirus pandemic. Portugal's Rafael Leao and Italy's Sebastiano Esposito represented their respective clubs of PES 2020. DAZN provided a commentator and the game was livestreamed across Milan's platforms.
Rafael Leão took on Inter’s Esposito at eFootballPES2020, check out the video on our Youtube channel! @RafaeLeao7 ha sfidato il nerazzurro Esposito nel primo #eDerbyMilano: rivivi la sfida sul nostro canale Youtube!— AC Milan (@acmilan) April 11, 2020
https://t.co/cC7Z5r2eTN#acmilantogether @officialpes pic.twitter.com/iJOGap4HHh
The duo played out a 2-2 draw with Rafael Leao scoring the opening goal with himself right before the half time whistle but Esposito hitting back with two goals in the second half. Leao managed to equalise very quickly after Esposito's second goal with some quick passes and a vintage Ibrahimovic finish after slipping past the last man.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan partner with Headspace for community support initiative. [AC Milan Offside]
- Pordenone President has coronavirus as club close to promotion. [Football Italia]
- Napoli's Gattuso and Giuntoli take pay cuts. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma set price tag for Florenzi as Valecia set to decide. [Football Italia]
- Buffon looking to extend Juventus deal until 2021. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- The 2020 International Champions Cup has been cancelled. [Goal]
- Gabon FA President urges Aubameyang to leave Arsenal for ambition. [The Guardian]
- France international Pgba raring at chance to return to action. [BBC]
- Brazil's 1982 World Cup squad reunite to help fight coronavirus. [Super Sport]
- Tottenham Hotspur's Son sends message to fans ahead of military service. [Sky Sports]