Calcio Mercato are reporting that AC Milan will not renew the contract of Alexis Saelemaekers in the transfer window this summer. The loan for the Belgian youngster cost 3.5 million for the 6 months but he has only featured for 32 minutes. The buy out clause was set for an additional 3.5 million.
@cmdotcom : Milan are unlikely to take their option to buy Alexis Saelemaekers from Anderlecht, so have spent 3.5 million euros on so far only 32 minutes of football.— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) April 8, 2020
Keep or not Alexis Saelemaekers ? pic.twitter.com/hyIYCmINil
The midfielder was brought in to deputise Samu Castillejo as well as feature as a right back alongside Davide Calabria and Andrea Conti but has only seen the pitch three times in two months all from the bench. He will not likely have a future with the club.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan take important step forward for Brescia midfielder Tonali. [AC Milan Offside]
- Napoli donate 32 tonnes of food for coronavirus relief. [Football Italia]
- Juventus defender Rugani's quarantine period almost over. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma attempting to extend Mkhitaryan loan. [Football Italia]
- Lazio moving to lock down keeper Strakosha until 2025. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Real Madrid's Galacticos host a video call to talk memories. [BBC]
- EFL plan to play 113 games in 56 days in June. [The Guardian]
- Manchester United announce support package for the NHS. [Super Sport]
- England players to face off on FIFA 20 to raise awareness. [Sky Sports]
- Qatar and Russia deny World Cup bribery allegations. [CNN]