MilanLive.it are reporting that AC Milan will be patient in their approach for Ante Rebic. The Croatia international has been a revelation in 2020 and is currently on a two year loan swap from Eintracht Frankfurt for Andre Silva. Frankfurt have raised their valuation of the winger to about 40 million but about 50% of that will go to Fiorentina as part of an older deal.
Milan will wait it out before opening any negotiation as the winger will be down to a single year on his contract with Frankfurt at the end of next season. Thus Milan will have a stronger negotiating position and could push for a lower price as the German side would not want to risk Rebic running down his contract and leaving for free.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Leaked Milan away jersey for 2020-21. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan looking at Napoli and Poland's Milik to replace Ibrahimovic. [AC Milan Offside]
- AS Roma's Mkhitaryan refuses to rule out Arsenal return. [Sports Mole]
- Juventus could be forced to sell Ronaldo at cut price. [Daily Mirror]
- Inter Milan's Martinez expects new contract to stay in Milan. [Sempre Inter]
World Football Links
- Bundesliga to be played without fans for the rest of 2020. [ESPN]
- London clubs asked to support NHS by Mayor Khan. [BBC]
- Aston Villa's Pepe Reina describes fight with coronavirus. [The Guardian]
- Scotland boss agrees pay cut as FA staff get furloughed. [Sky Sports]
- Brazil to build a field hospital in the Maracana stadium. [Super Sport]