AC Milan picked up a painful defeat in a week full of losses for the club. Genoa came to an empty San Siro and took all three points with 2 early goals from Pandev and Cassata. Zlatan Ibrahimovic managed to scuff in a messy goal late in the game but it was not enough to help the Rossoneri. Begovic had a tough first start whilst Andre Conti's return to the starting eleven was disastrous as he was directly responsible for both goals that Milan conceded.
Gabbia out in a mixed shift as he largely looked solid but made some big mistakes especially on the first goal. The team looked lifeless overall and the impact of both the coronavirus and the firing of Zvonimir Boban clearly have an impact.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from Milan's 2-1 loss to Genoa at home. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan sack their Chief Football Officer Boban after public spat. [AC Milan Offside]
- Tactical Review of Milan vs Genoa behind closed doors. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus humble Inter Milan with 2-0 win to end title hopes. [Football Italia]
- Fiorentina and Udinese draw blanks to remain stuck in mid table. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester City shock by Manchester United 2-0 in the derby. [The Guardian]
- Chelsea hammer Everton 4-0 to fight for fourth place. [The Guardian]
- Carlos Tevez wins Argentine title for Boca Juniors with stunner. [Super Sport]
- Real Madrid falter at Real Betis with 2-1 loss to lose top spot. [Sky Sports]
- Bayern Munich beat FC Augsburg 2-0 to pick up a lead at the top. [BBC]