AC Milan versus Juventus in the Coppa Italia for tonight has been CANCELLED. Once again, the Italian bureaucracy inexplicably cancels the game at the most nonsensical moment over coronavirus fears despite reports that the game would be behind closed doors. The government of Piedmont passed down the decision and thus there will be no Wednesday night football.
The Milan squad on their way back to Milano pic.twitter.com/EJLxYRkcgk— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) March 3, 2020
The coronavirus is having a devastating effect on Italy but has vehemently disrupted Serie A football but now the government is considering a 1 month ban on all sporting events in the country. Italy now have 79 deaths from COVID-19 and over 2,200 cases.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Another revolution at Milan as Boban OUT, Rangnick IN! [AC Milan Offside]
- Ralf Rangnick is already lining up a management team for the future. [AC Milan Offside]
- FIGC will allow the women of Femminile to become professionals. [AC Milan Offside]
- Low down of Ivan Gazidis approach of Rangnick at AC Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Italy will face the Netherlands, Bosnia and Poland in Nation League. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Chelsea bury Liverpool 2-0 knocking them out of the FA Cup. [The Guardian]
- Borussia Dortmund cancel Asia tour over coronavirus fears. [Super Sport]
- PSG within their rights to keep Kylian Mbappe from France at the Olympics. [Super Sport]
- Tottenham Hotspur's Wanyama to join Montreal Impact in Canada under Henry. [Sky Sports]
- Newcastle United beat West Brom 3-2 surviving late comeback. [BBC]