Peppe di Stefano via MilanNews.it is reporting on some developments at the club for the coming end of the season. A number of issues were addressed as follows: the likelihood of Zlatan Ibrahimovic renewing his contract is extremely low. Simon Kjaer's redemption has not been decided on but could be an option given the low price. Lucas Biglia is pretty much guaranteed to leave as his contract ends. Giacomo Bonaventura is reportedly not decided on and may receive a last minute deal.
The major announcement is that Ivan Gazidis will be imposing a salary cap of 2.5-3 million euros per annum for an individual player. As such, there is hope for Alessio Romagnoli to get a contract renewal and a 500k p.a. bump up. The renewal of Donnarumma is more complicated given he currently earns 6 million but concessions could be made.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Donnarumma is being tracked by Chelsea with contract on the table. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus shares surge after players take wage cut. [Super Sport]
- UEFA plans current season to end in August compromising 2020-21. [Football Italia]
- Serie A to hold talks with UEFA over postponement of games. [Football Italia]
- AIC vows to protect most vulnerable in Italy's football ahead of meeting. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- New dates for the 2021 Olympics in Japan set for 23 July to 8 August. [BBC]
- Bolton Wanderers senior management take pay cut. [BBC]
- Manchester United and England's Rashford helps feed children in crisis. [Super Sport]
- Brazil international Neymar denies flouting social distancing rules. [Sky Sports]
- France international Giroud berated by Real Madrid striker Benzema. [Sky Sports]