Former AC Milan Primavera player Matteo Pessina was sold to Atalanta back in 2017. Acording to Calcio Mercato, the midfielder will likely be redeemed by Hellas Verona where he has played on loan this season racking up 22 appearances and scoring 3 goals. Milan are reportedly entitled to 40% of the profits from any future sale of the youngster. He will reportedly be bought outright by Verona for 4.5 million euros but Atalanta have a buyback option for just 5 million euros.
Gazzetta - Pessina fra Verona e Atalanta, il Milan ha una percentuale sulla vendita: Matteo Pessina, centrocampista ex Milan di proprietà dell'Atalanta ed attualmente in prestito al Verona, si è messo in mostra nella sua esperienza con gli scaligeri.… https://t.co/Ze9KUiy2Jd pic.twitter.com/IW6lOMcu7N— sportlive (@sportli26181512) March 28, 2020
Milan sold the youngster for 1.65 million in 2017. Atalanta will reportedly auction off the player after exercising their buyback option as the player's valuation has more than tripled after his display this season.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Juventus and Real Madrid chasing Milan goalkeeper Donnarumma. [AC Milan Offside]
- AS Roma deliver packages to their elderly fans amid crisis. [CNN]
- Napoli boss Gennaro Gattuso urges people to stay at home. [Football Italia]
- Juventus players agree to forego 4 months wages. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan boss Conte buys laptops for student medics. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Los Angeles Football Club star striker Vela could have been loaned to Barcelona in Jan. [Super Sport]
- Former Tottenham Hotspur and Celtic FC midfielder Wanyama donates to fight the coronavirus in his home country of Kenya. [Super Sport]
- Manchester City's Etihad Stadium to be used by the NHS. [Sky Sports]
- Eight players of West Ham United in self isolation. [The Guardian]
- UEFA boss Ceferin says season could be lost. [BBC]