MilanNews.it notes that there are discussions at AC Milan over the possibility of pay cut for the players given the uncertainty around the season. The idea is for the players to take a 10% pay cut if the season will resume or a 30% pay cut if this season is cancelled. This would represent a huge saving for the club coming to around 13 million euros net.
The discussions will need to hosted between the management and the players over the comings days or weeks. Numerous clubs across Europe are announcing similar measures.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Sampdoria end self isolation. [Football Italia]
- Paraguay international Barretto has coronavirus. [Football Italia]
- Barca going in hard for Inter Milan's Martinez. [CaughtOffside]
- Juventus attacker Dybala gives an update on coronavirus situation. [Daily Star]
- Mauro Icardi could be part of Juventus and PSG swap deal. [Sempre Inter]
World Football Links
- Leeds United attempted to sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani last Jan. [BBC]
- Barcelona considering up to 70% pay cut during crisis. [The Guardian]
- Newcastle United owner criticised over season ticket payments. [BBC]
- Spain FA to loan clubs 500m to help with fallout. [Sky Sports]
- Bundesliga sides to face off online in FIFA 20 tournament. [Super Sport]