AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel contracted the coronavirus and were tested positive a couple of days ago. Maldini has provided an update today as he appears to be in good health. The current Technical Director got tested after realising that someone he was in contact with had contracted the coronavirus.
Maldini: “I would like to thank everyone for the messages of love and concern for me and my son [Daniel]. We are fine. We should be virus-free in around a week.” pic.twitter.com/N08dPJsmCm— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) March 23, 2020
“With this video I wanted to thank all those people who expressed via social media and messages their love and also their concern for my and my son’s health,” he said.
“We’re fine, we should be able to rid ourselves of this virus within a week. Thanks for your affection, which is truly never lacking.
“I also want to thank all those doctors, nurses, health workers, civil guards and law enforcement officers who are facing this emergency with the utmost professionalism and huge courage.
“Once again, you make us feel proud to be Italian. Thanks again.”
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan monitoring young Eintracht Frankfurt centre back Ndicka. [AC Milan Offside]
- Lazio spokesperson hits out at Brescia President. [Football Italia]
- Gomez feels Atalants vs Valencia worsened coronavirus spread. [Football Italia]
- Napoli postpone return to training. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan squad complete two-week self isolation with no cases. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Another former Real Madrid President contracts the coronavirus. [Football Italia]
- Australia's A-League is finally postponed. [The Guardian]
- UEFA postpones Champions League and Europa League finals. [BBC]
- Liverpool offer stewards to supermarkets amid crisis. [Super Sport]
- Japan seriously considering Olympics postponement. [CNN]