MilanLive.it are reporting that AC Milan could follow the Red Bull design in more ways than one. The primary discussion has been focused on the arrival of Ralf Rangnick to work in an role combining manager and technical director roles. Furthermore, Milan will look to establish links that were present between RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig over the years with Lille. Lille has received a loan from Elliot and have received investment from the fund as their player development model is appreciated by the corporation.
Gazidis will likely use this relationship for a number of deals going forward ass many football clubs have been doing of late. Milan have already done some business in this regard with the purchase of Rafael Leao from Lille and the sale of Tiago Djalo in the opposite direction.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Ivan Gazidis gearing up to impose 2.5m salary cap. [AC Milan Offside]
- Leao ordered to compensate Sporting Clube de Portugal 16.5m. [AC Milan Offside]
- Higuain returned to Argentina as his mother is seriously ill. [Football Italia]
- Napoli to make offer for Fiorentina's Castrovilli. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan cut Ivan Perisic price to entice Bayern Munich buy out. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- La Liga sides swap the pitch for the PlayStation as a fundraiser. [The Guardian]
- Real Madrid's Jovic explains coronavirus quarantine breach. [Sky Sports]
- Former Arsenal duo Song and Djorou among 9 sacked by FC Sion over wage cut. [Goal]
- Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich, Watford, West Ham United. Who will go down? [BBC]
- Gareth Southgate urges England fans to work together to fight coronavirus. [Super Sport]