Antonio Vitiello is reporting that Serie A clubs will postpone the resumption to training to the week of the 3rd of April at the earliest given the worsening situation in Italy due to the coronavirus. This report has not yet been officially confirmed. AC Milan players were expected to return to training on Monday morning but this will likely be cancelled as Italy overtook China to pose the most number of deaths from COVID-19 in the world.
Serie A clubs will announce the postponement of the training resumption to April 3-4 in the coming hours https://t.co/FiSYhd0N6z— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) March 19, 2020
Northern Italy and Milan specifically has been one of the hardest hit regions in the world by the coronavirus. The resumption of sport in the region seems dangerous to the lives of the players at the moment and should be held off.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic donates 100,000 euros to hospitals in Lombardy. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan set to miss out of Ralf Rangnick as negotiations seem to falter. [AC Milan Offside]
- Lazio set 120 million price tag for Milinkovic Savic. [Football Italia]
- Juventus allowed Higuain and Bentacur to fly to Argentina despite cases. [Football Italia]
- FMSI urge sports medics to volunteer in coronavirus fight across Italy. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Everton's new stadium can unlock economic potential. [The Guardian]
- Former Cardiff City and Aston Villa midfielder dies after head injury. [BBC]
- Turkey finally suspend football, basketball and volleyball leagues. [Sky Sports]
- Japan's deputy Prime Minister sees Olympic Games as ‘cursed’ given history. [CNN]
- Real Madrid's Jovic apologises for breaking quarantine rules in Serbia. [Super Sport]