A powerful message from a Milanista was featured on the club's instagram page today amidst the coronavirus crisis that has engulfed Italy in a nationwide lockdown. A banner hung on a balcony in Milan read, “Andrà tutto bene, dopo Istanbul c’e Atene!” which transaltes to ‘Everything will be fine, after Istanbul there is Athens.’ This is a reference to AC Milan's loss to Liverpool in the 2005 Champions League final and their return to victory two years later against Liverpool.
Milan's account captioned the photograph saying, ''Today’s struggles are tomorrow’s strength.” Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the pandemic.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Former Milan President Berlusconi donates 10 million to support Lombardy. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan tracking Uruguay left back as summer reinforcement. [AC Milan Offside]
- AS Roma enter race for Fiorentina's Castrovilli. [Football Italia]
- Jankto says 15 at Sampdoria test positive for coronavirus. [Football Italia]
- Juventus taking special measures to protect Maurizio Sarri from COVID-19. [Mirror]
World Football Links
- Premier League clubs expected to push for season completion. [The Guardian]
- Gary Neville opens hotels up to NHS staff to help with crisis. [BBC]
- Hearts ask players to slash wages by 50%. [Super Sport]
- FIFA Club World Cup has been put on hold. [Super Sport]
- Atlanta United's Martinez undergoes knee surgery. [Sky Sports]